No material (verbal or graphic) should be copied without the author’s permission. The LeaderValues website, Mick Yates.com, Mick’s Leadership blog, 4E’s Leadership Framework and other materials unless otherwise stated are authored and © mick yates 2014.
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on LeaderValues, Mick Yates.com and on “mick’s leadership blog” are the property of their respective owners.
We are happy for Mick’s materials to be reproduced, provided prior permission is obtained. Some of Mick’s articles are now being pre-licensed under the Creative Commons License scheme (including on Mick Yates.com and Mick’s Leadership Blog). These carry at the bottom of the article or post the Creative Commons logo
For all other articles by Mick and all of our other contributors (including all writers of the “Theme” articles) the full copyright remains theirs, and is noted on their articles. Please respect this, and e-mail us for the appropriate permissions – we will secure the author’s approval. We reserve the right to refuse or delete material which inappropriately abuses author’s copyright.
2. Trademarks & Registrations
The LeaderValues logo is a UK Registered Trademark No. 2309926.
The LeaderValues logo is a US Trademark Service Mark No. 3,532,483.
The “4E’s” and the “4E’S” are UK Registered Trademark No. 2402460.
The 4E’s graphic is a UK Registered Design No. 3022567.
LeaderValues completely respects individual privacy. We do not reveal personal information to third parties about any individual or organization that contacts us, unless there is prior agreement. Whilst most of the LeaderValues site can be used without sharing any of your personal data, please note that in some sections you may be disclosing personal information about yourself. Whilst the site is is not designed for use by children under the age of 13, we do not intend to have anything on this site which would be offensive or damaging to anyone of any age, including children. LeaderValues collects anonymous statistical data from the site which we may use for our own analytical or marketing purposes. This might include, for example, data on the percentage of people visiting certain pages, or results from the self assessment. Your specific personal choices will never be revealed to anyone. You would only be part of an aggregate pool which would include a large number of other anonymous individuals.
5. How do I use LeaderValues and related sites materials?
Subject to the note on copyright above, we are happy to give permission for our material to be used for teaching or other purposes, provided www.leader-values.com is recognised as the source and prior permission is obtained. Please e-mail us if you would like to use our materials.
6. How do I link to LeaderValues and related sites?
We are very happy for the site to be linked to others. Please e-mail us if you would like to swap links.
7. How do I send a “Guest Article” to LeaderValues or mick’s leadership blog?
LeaderValues thus encourages the broadest possible conversation on Leadership, and the Theme articles are a very popular feature of the site. Guests writers are fundamental to our success!
First, we prefer original content, although we will re-publish interesting work already posted elsewhere, in the editor’s discretion. Our preference is articles 500-1000 words in length for Theme Articles, and 300-600 for blog posts. The style and “voice” is yours. Subject matter should be related to our core topics of leadership and values – organizational or personal, in all appropriate fields of endeavor. Articles submitted will not be altered without prior permission, except for formatting, and the author retains full copyright. Please submit your work as a text file via e-mail (Word, plain text etc.) with your formatting included if appropriate. Where possible please limit the use of tables and large size graphics.
We do not compensate for guest articles but we will include a short biography and photograph about guest authors. We are also happy to link to other websites and social media channels in the bio section (within reason – not too many links, please!). With your submission, please therefore include a brief biography, a hi-res photo, and reference to your other work. We will also publish the necessary contact links to the author’s website or e-mail with your article. We do not accept articles that overtly “sell” products or services (either the author’s or a third party).
Unless specifically pre-agreed, all articles are published non-exclusively – you are free to submit your work to other publishers. If your work is first published on LeaderValues we request that you include a reference to LeaderValues in any future publication.
We will only publish articles submitted if contact details are enclosed (although we will withhold the writer’s identity if requested). We reserve the right to publish. Publication does not suggest that either LeaderValues or Mick Yates endorses the views expressed.
8. Re-publishing of Articles featured on LeaderValues
LeaderValues is often asked for articles we feature to be republished on other web sites or newsletters – we will normally allow this if our editors judge the context appropriate, as it extends the readership of the author’s work and we are committed to providing excellent coverage of all of our authors. We cannot accept liabilities from such republishing, but we will insist on proper copyright attributions for the author.
Thus an article’s acceptance by LeaderValues grants our editors the right to republish the material.
If material is republished, we will of course inform the author. When articles are re-published, the copyright of each author is fully protected. This includes but is not limited to all references and web links provided by the author. An author’s copyright notice and date is included. The article is not changed, edited, or reworded in any part or in any way. Graphics are presented exactly as in the original. Hyperlinks are kept “live” in the article so that users can click on the link and be taken to its destination.
“Article courtesy of www.leader-values.com” is attached to each article published, with a link to the original on the LeaderValues site.
9. Newsletter administration
The LeaderValues newsletter is permission / opt-in based, and is administered by Constant Contact, a highly reputed firm who take great care of data protection. They maintain and protect the e-mail records of all of our opt-in subcribers under US Federal legal requirements, and meet all anti-SPAM legislation. For more information see the Constant Contact website.
10. How can I get a free Leadership self assessment?
Click here. The results are benchmarked against all other people who have taken the online assessment, and offer practical advice on how to improve. Other than basic demographics to help execute the assessment, the data is held completely anonymously. Thus LeaderValues cannot identify any individual taking the self assessment.
11. Members Area
Registering as a Member allows you to download materials made available by LeaderValues and / or Mick Yates. Those materials are subject to all other considerations in this FAQ section.
We request that Members do no abuse their membership via spamming other members, disregarding copyrights, adding racist, sexist, ageist or pornographic comments or materials of any kind. At the sole discretion of LeaderValues, Membership may be suspended at any time without notice or recourse.
12. Legal Jurisdiction
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
LeaderValues reserves all rights in regards to the nature and any other detail of any material, program or service on the site. We reserve the right to change the site’s contents without notice. We reserve the right to publish articles submitted. Publication does not suggest that either LeaderValues or Mick Yates endorses the views expressed. A link to another site from any part, article, quote, or link library on this site suggest any form of endorsement or liability accepted on behalf of LeaderValues or Mick Yates. We have no responsibility for the content of external sites.
All of the information on this site is based on the opinion of the writers who contribute to LeaderValues. Most of these writers are professionals, but they often are not lawyers, financial advisors, therapists etc. unless otherwise stated in their biographies. Use of LeaderValues is thus not a substitute for professional legal, financial or consultant advice. We can take no liability arising from articles or other materials published on the site, whatever the source.