From the Career Overview Blog
As a leader or manager, you have a lot of responsibilities on your shoulders. You not only have to make sure that everything is running smoothly, but that employees or workers are happy and you’re representing the long-term goals of the organization – all while trying to maintain and push forward your own career. It’s a lot to balance, but it can be done.
These lectures from TED speakers will help inspire you to do more with your leadership position and educate you on what it takes to truly make a difference — whether in your immediate workplace or in the world as a whole.
No matter where you take on a leadership role– at a non-profit, community organization or a corporation– these talks will help to inspire you to become a better, smarter leader.
- Fields Wicker-Miurin: Learning from leadership’s “missing manual”. In this lecture, you’ll hear from Fields Wicker-Miurin on some inspiring stories about local leaders.
- David Logan on tribal leadership. This talk will educate you on the five types of tribes humans naturally form, and how these tendencies can help you improve your leadership abilities.
- Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action. Learn how great leaders can inspire others to follow in their footsteps with this talk, which includes some amazing real-world examples.
- Itay Talgam: Lead like the great conductors. Leadership, says Talgam, is like conducting a great orchestra. Learn how this can apply to your own leadership role and get some valuable lessons along the way.
- Sheryl Sandberg: Why we have too few women leaders. Any woman in a leadership position should listen to this lecture exploring some of the reasons why so few women make it to the top of their fields – and what they can do to help themselves succeed.
- Derek Sivers: How to start a movement. Great leaders not only inspire those they work with, but those in society at large. This short talk provides some inspiration on what it really takes to get others to follow in your footsteps.
- Patrick Awuah on educating leaders. In this talk, you’ll learn why a great liberal arts education is an essential part of becoming a true leader and helping to groom the next generation as well.
- Kiran Bir Sethi teaches kids to take charge. Kiran Bir Sethi runs a school that teaches kids to take charge, but many of the lessons and methods she uses can work for a leader in any role — with kids or adults.