Or Search The Leader Database:
Five Focusing Steps
In the Theory of Constraints, a process to continuously improve organizational profit by evaluating the production system and market mix to determine how to make the most profit using the system constraint. The steps consist of:
1. Identify the constraint to the system.
2. Decide how to exploit the constraint to the system.
3. Subordinate all non constraints to the constraint.
4. Elevate the constraint to the system
5. Return to step 1 if the constraint is broken in any previous step, while not allowing any inertia to set in.