Or Search The Leader Database:
Deming's 14 Points
Management philosophy to help organizations increase their quality and productivity:
1. Create constancy of purpose for improving product or service.
2. Adopt the new philosophy.
3. Stop dependency on inspection to achieve quality
4. End the practice of awarding business on price alone - minimize cost by working with a single vendor.
5. Constantly improve every process for planning, production, and service.
6. Institute training on the job.
7. Adopt and institute leadership.
8. Drive out fear.
9. Break down barriers between staff areas.
10. Eliminate slogans, exhortations, and targets for the work force.
11. Eliminate numerical quotas and goals for the workforce and management.
12. Remove barriers that rob people of pride in workmanship and eliminate the annual rating or merit system.
13. Institute a vigorous program of education and self-improvement for everyone.
14. Put everyone in the organization to work to accomplish the transformation.