Please suggest books for review ...
The Daily Six
Author: John Chappelear
Publisher: G P Putnam & Sons
ISBN: Melanie Smith
Summary:Six simple steps to find the perfect balance of prosperity & purpose
For years John Chappelear’s personal Mantra was “Everything! All the time! Right now!” A success by every external standard, he built a multimillion dollar business and lived a luxury lifestyle that many aspire to achieve. But his all consuming quest for more led to the breakdown of his family, the loss of his business and a crisis of faith in himself.
This book is about John’s struggle to achieve “success with significance,” bridging home and work issues and demonstrating how to balance career success and personal fulfilment. It is split into the following six guiding principles;
- Willingness: being open to change, facing your fears, and giving up controlling behaviour
- Daily Quiet Time: setting aside a brief period of contemplation.
- Service to Others: changing the focus from “What’s in it for me?” to “What’s in it from me?”
- Love & Forgiveness: understanding the needs of needs others enabling you to treat them as your own and letting go of anger and resentment.
- Gratitude: changing every relationship in your life for the better.
- Action: taking that first step, however small.
In each chapter John shows how to incorporate each step into daily life without sacrificing professional goals. Using real life examples and quotations John delivers an accessible, pragmatic life plan that can be embraced at any level.
John’s six steps are tailor made for today’s frenetic, achievement-driven culture and is a promising alternative to those who long to make the change.
By Melanie Smith